GTN 6XX/7XX Software Upgrade to Main Software Version 5.13 and GMA 35 Audio Software Version 3.10
The following units are affected:
This Service Bulletin announces the availability of GTN 6XX/7XX Main Software Version 5.13 and GMA 35 Software Version 3.10, GMA 35 ARC Database Version 3.15, and GMA Region List Version 3.10.
GTN 6XX/7XX Main Software Version 5.13 contains the following changes from Version 5.00:
- Added support for Flight Stream 210 Connext™
- Added FastFind predictive flight plan entry
- Added support for Flight Plan importing through Connext or the data card (flight plan importing from the data card supports future third party applications)
- Added support for Database SYNC (complete GTN Database SYNC functionality is dependent on a future flyGarmin.com update; database SYNC with G500/G500H/G600 will be supported in a future G500/G500H/G600 software update)
- Added support for WireAware™ (wire-strike avoidance technology) for Hazardous Obstacle Transmission (HOT) lines and power lines
- Added airspace altitude overlay on the moving map
- Added Simple Frequency Entry for COM and NAV frequencies (leading “1” and trailing zero(s) not required)
- Added display of station identifiers for active and standby COM and NAV frequencies
- Added ability for data fields to be configured to display radial and distance to the tuned VOR
- Added ability for the data fields on the map page of the GTN 6XX/7XX and the default navigation page within the GTN 6XX to be configured as shortcuts for nearly all of the pages within the GTN
- Added support for user-defined Checklists (Checklists are created using Garmin’s Checklist Editor)
- Changed ownship icons, added ability to configure the color of the ownship icon to enhance visibility, and moved the selection of the ownship icon to Configuration Mode
- Removed ADS-B fault annunciation nuisance alerts prior to obtaining GPS fix
- Added configuration for transponder 1090ES ADS-B Out option to be set On, Off, or Pilot Select
The following service documents have been resolved:
- Service Advisory 1344: Corrected issue where CDI (Course Deviation Indicator)/HSI (Horizontal Situation Indicator) scaling on a limited number of LPV and LNAV/VNAV approaches was incorrect
- Service Advisory 1363: Corrected issue where user-modified published procedures saved by the operator as part of a stored flight plan could be corrupted after updating the Navigation Database.
- Installation Bulletin 1365: Corrected issue that required configuring ARINC 429 data ports to transmit data for multiple devices using a single output channel
- Service Advisory 1372: Corrected issue where RNAV approaches are unavailable for selection when the approach includes LP minima and also has no published vertical descent angle (VDA)
- Service Advisory 1409: Corrected issue where the GTN display may occasionally exhibit a momentary flicker
- Service Advisory 1473: Corrected issue where the range of a no-bearing traffic alert (TA) does not update.
GMA 35 Audio Software Version 3.10/GMA ARC Database Version 3.15/GMA Region List Version 3.10 contain the following changes from Audio Software Version 3.08/GMA Region List Version 2.00:
- Added support for GMA 35 to allow co-pilot to be treated as a passenger
- Added support for GMA 35 configurable discretes
- Added support to configure GMA 35 receiver 5 as a passenger mic input
- Allow co-pilot to hear monitored COM frequencies when the co-pilot is isolated from the pilot
Recommended: Garmin recommends the incorporation of this Service Bullet at the next scheduled service interval.
contact us at email@example.com for further details